Dr. Suchandra Chowdhury
|Designation||Assistant Professor, WBES|
|Qualification||M.Sc in Zoology, Calcutta University (2003)
Ph.D., CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University (2010)
|Specialization||Parasitology and Immunology|
7 years of undergraduate and post graduate teaching experience.
- Darjeeling Govt. College November, 2008 to April, 2013
- Bethune College May, 2014 till date
Presented papers and attended several seminars and workshops:
- UGC sponsored National level Seminar "From Molecules to Ecosystem - A Zoological Perspective" organized by Department of Zoology, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College, Rahara, in collaboration with Department of Zoology West Bengal State University on 22.09.2016 at Swami Vivekananda Hall of the College. Poster presentation.
- One day National Seminar on "Recent Advances in Life Science in the Light of Chemistry" organised by Department of Chemistry, Bethune College, Kolkata on 09.09.2016.
- 30th Annual Convention Of Indian Association For Cancer Research And International Symposium On "Signalling Network And Cancer", IICB, Kolkata (Feb 2011)
- Government of West Bengal sponsored workshop on "Advanced Techniques in Molecular Biology", Kolkata (Feb 2010)
- Update On ALL-2008, Kolkata (Nov 2008)
- "8th International Symposium on Biochemical Roles of Eukaryotic Cell Surface Macromolecules", Hyderabad (Jan, 2008)
Published research papers and reviews
- Chowdhury S, Chandra S, Mandal C. 9-O-acetylated sialic acids differentiating normal haematopoietic precursors from leukemic stem cells with high aldehyde dehydrogenase activity in children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Glycoconj J. 2014 Oct;31(6-7):523-35. doi: 10.1007/s10719-014-9550-x.
- Chowdhury S, Mandal C, Sarkar S, Bag AK, Vlasak R, Chandra S, Mandal C. Mobilization of lymphoblasts from bone marrow to peripheral blood in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: Role of 9-O-acetylated sialoglycoproteins. Leuk Res. 2011 Nov 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Chowdhury S, Mandal C. O-acetylated sialic acids: multifaceted role in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Biotechnol J. 2009 Mar;4(3):361-74. Review
- Chowdhury R, Chowdhury S, Roychoudhury P, Mandal C, Chaudhuri K. Arsenic induced apoptosis in malignant melanoma cells is enhanced by menadione through ROS generation, p38 signaling and p53 activation. Apoptosis. 2009 Jan;14(1):108-23.
- Mandal C, Srinivasan GV, Chowdhury S, Chandra S, Mandal C, Schauer R, Mandal C. High level of sialate-O-acetyltransferase activity in lymphoblasts of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL): enzyme characterization and correlation with disease status. Glycoconj J. 2009 Jan;26(1):57-73.
- Chowdhury S, Bandyopadhyay S, Mandal C, Chandra S, Mandal C. Flow-cytometric monitoring of disease-associated expression of 9-O-acetylated sialoglycoproteins in combination with known CD antigens, as an index for MRD in children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: a two-year longitudinal follow-up study. BMC Cancer. 2008 Feb 1;8:40.
- Chowdhury S, Bandyopadhyay S, Chandra S, Mandal C. Comparative analysis of differential expression of sialic acids and adhesion molecules on mononuclear cells of bone marrow and peripheral blood in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia at diagnosis and clinical remission. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2007 Oct;44(5):357-65.
- Mukherjee K, Chowdhury S, Mondal S, Mandal C, Chandra S, Bhadra RK, Mandal C. 9-O-acetylated GD3 triggers programmed cell death in mature erythrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Oct 26;362(3):651-7. Epub 2007 Aug 20.
- Ansar W, Bandyopadhyay SM, Chowdhury S, Habib SH, Mandal C. Role of C-reactive protein in complement-mediated hemolysis in Malaria. Glycoconj J. 2006 May;23(3-4):233-40.
Book chapter published
- Mukherjee K, Chowdhury S, Mondal S, Mandal C, Chandra S, Mandal C. 9-O-Acetyl GD3 in lymphoid and erythroid cells. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2011;705:317-34.
- Life Member - The Zoological Society, Kolkata [35, B.C. Road, Kolkata- 700 019]