Dr. Sritama Mukherjee
04 years of teaching experience including 04 years of postgraduate teaching.
1st appointment in Bethune College: 2015-till date.
- Interested in plant abiotic stress biology with special emphasis on inositol metabolic pathway. Also, interested in exploration, ex situ and in situ conservation of endangered /medicinally important plant species Supervised PG dissertations at Bethune College..
- PG dissertation area: plant abiotic stress biology, micropropagation of endangered /medicinally important plant species. .
- Act as Convenor in The National Seminar on "Urban Biodiversity: Documentation and Conservation" in collaboration with West Bengal Biodiversity Board on 6th & 7th March, 2018, at Department of Botany, Bethune college.
Paper Presentation/Invited lecture
- Presented poster entitled 'Standardization of a rapid micropropagation protocol for the medicinal herb, Bacopa monnieri(L.)Pennell.' at University of Calcutta sponsored National Seminar on “Advancement in Plant Sciences: An Insight" on 30th September 2019.
- Participated in All India Woman's Conference by East Calcutta Consistency on 'Gender integration in urban climate change initiative' on 24th September 2019.
- Presented poster entitled “Diversification of Flavonol Synthase" at International Conference on Biotechnology & Biological Sciences 'Biospectrum', at Unversity of Engineering & Management Kolkata on 8th-10th August, 2019.
- Participated in National Symposium on "Advances in Neuroscience Research and Management" on 22nd July, 2019 organised by Central Calcutta Society for Advancement of Human Development and Research at Bose Institute, Kolkata
- Presented poster(s) entitled ‘Standardization of Micropropagation Techniques for Barleria prionitis L., a Medicinal Plant’and ‘Medicinal Plants: Conservation Strategies and Sustainable Use’ on 6th & 7th March, 2018 at Bethune College, Kolkata.
- Oral presentation on : “In silico characterization of Spermidine Synthase, an important enzyme in polyamine biosynthesis pathway" in AICCG and International Symposium on “Translating genes and genomes" 29-31 , January, 2018 in IICB, Kolkata
- Participated in the One-day International Workshop on "Flood Disaster & Management", Jadavpur University on 29 Dec 2017.
- Participated in an Orientation Programme at UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Burdwan University, from 01.08.2017 to 28.08.2017.
- Presented poster on “A Study on in-vitro plant regeneration, screening of phytochemicals and stress response of Bacopa monnieri (L.) Pennell, a medicinally priced plant" in National Seminar on “Advances in biology: Exploitation of Phytoresources" 2nd and 3rd November, 2017 in Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Govt. College, New Town, Kolkata
- Presented poster on “Expression of rice galactinol synthase genes: a form of regulated unproductive splicing and translation (RUST)? In International symposium on “Insight to plant biology in the modern era", 8-10 February, 2017 at Bose Institute, Kolkata.
- Presented poster entitled 'Antiviral plants: a promising tool to drug development' in the International seminar on “Recent trends in microbiology", 14th January 2017, at Department of Microbiology, Ramkrishna Mission Vidyamandir.
- Oral presentation on ''Galactinol and Raffinose family oligosaccharide: Functional preference for higher plants? in International Symposium, “The green planet: past, present and future", 21st- 23rd December, 2016 at Department of Botany, University of Calcutta.
- Presented poster on 'Antidiabetic plants: sustainable use, conservation and future prospects' in UGC sponsored National Seminar- "Medicinal plants, health and environment", 9th-10th September, 2016 in APC College, New Barrackpore.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on "Teaching Botany in 21st century: prospects and challenges", 6th-7th August, 2016 in Bidhannagar College.
- Delivered an invited lecture on ‘Women and
Nature’in an awareness programme on gender
inequality, on 11th March, 2016 at Chandernagore
Article in journals
- Mukherjee R, Mukherjee A, Bandyopadhyay S, Mukherjee S, Sengupta S, Ray S, and Majumder AL (2019) Selective manipulation of the inositol metabolic pathway for induction of salt-tolerant in indica rice variety. Scientific Reports, 9:5358 | https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-41809-7
- Mukherjee R, Mukherjee A, Bandyopadhyay S, Mukherjee S, Sengupta S and Majumder AL (2019) Selective manipulation of the inositol metabolic pathway for induction of salt-tolerance in indica rice variety. Scientific Reports 9:5358 https:doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-41809-7.
- Mukherjee S, Sengupta S, Mukherjee A, Basak P and Majumder AL. (2018) Abiotic stress regulates expression of galactinol synthase genes post-transcriptionally through intron retention in rice. Planta, doi:10.1007/s00425-018-3046-z.
- Saha A, Chatterjee P, Mukherjee S and Laha S (2018) A study on in -vitro plant regeneration and screening of phytochemicals in Bacopa monnieri (L.)Pennell, a medicinally priced plant. Heritage, Vol.V 183-189 ISSN: 2349-9583,.
- Barary I and Mukherjee S. Raffinose family of oligosaccharides: The plant specific compounds., Heritage, Vol.IV,145-151(2017)
- Das M, Chattopadhyay D and Mukherjee S .In vivo and in vitro propagation of economically important Cajanus cajan varieties. Heritage, Vol.III 144-152 ISSN: 2349-9583,(2016)
- Mukherjee S, Sengupta S and Majumder AL.
Complex-Multilevel regulation of gene expression in
plants: a general overview. Heritage,
Vol.II.127-134 ISSN: 2349-9583, (2015).
Chattopadhyay D, Mukherjee S. and. Sanyal S. Study of Algal Biodiversity of the CoochBehar Block, District Coochbehar, West Bengal. Heritage,Vol.II.109-118 ISSN: 2349-9583, (2015).
- Sengupta S, Mukherjee S., Basak P and Majumder AL Significance of galactinol and raffinose family oligosaccharide synthesis in plants. Frontiers in Plant Science, 2015, doi: 10.3389/fpls.2015.00656
- Mukherjee R, Mukherjee S, Chattopadhyay D, Basak P, Adak S, Sengupta S and Majumder AL. Improvement of plants through biotechnology: An assessment of the present status. Vegetos 26 Vol. (Special): 01-20 (2013).
- Chatterjee J, Patra B, Mukherjee R, Basak P, Mukherjee S, Ray S, Bhattacharyya S, Maitra S , Ghosh Dastidar K, Ghosh S, Sengupta S, Majumder AL, Cloning, characterization and expression of a chloroplastic fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase from Porteresia coarctata conferring salt-tolerance in transgenic tobacco. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, September 2013, Volume 114, Issue3, pp395-409.
- Goswami L, Sengupta S, Mukherjee S , Mukherjee R, Ray S and Majumder AL, Targeted expression of L-myo- inositol 1-phosphate synthase from Porteresia coarctata (Roxb.) Tateoka confers multiple stress tolerance in transgenic crop plants. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, (July-September 2014) 23(3):316–330.
- Sengupta S, Mukherjee S, Goswami L, Sangma S, Mukherjee A, Mukherjee R, Ray N, Basak P, Majumder AL, Manipulation of Inositol Metabolism for Improved Plant survival under Stress: A “Network Engineering Approach". Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2012, Volume 21, Issue 1 Supplement, pp 15-23.
- Sengupta S*, Mukherjee S*, Parween S and Majumder AL, Galactinol synthase across evolutionary diverse taxa: Preference for higher plants? FEBS Letters, 2012, Volume 586, pp1488–1496.*Equal contributors.
- Mukherjee S, Ghosh S, Sadhu S, Ghosh P
and Maiti TK, Extracellular polysaccharide
production by a Rhizobium sp. Isolated from legume
herb Crotalaria saltiana Andr. Indian
Journal of Biotechnology, 2011, Volume 10, pp