Dr. Satarupa Bandyopadhyay
|Specialization||Health Economics, Statistics and Econometrics|
I have UG teaching experience for almost 19 years and Post Graduate teaching experience of 7 years and 5 months of as Full time Lecturer in the Post Graduate Department of Commerce, Hoogly Mohsin College and 6 years as Guest Lecturer in the Department of Economics, University of Calcutta
- Hooghly Mohsin College - October 2001 to March 2009.
- Bethune College - March 2009 till date.
- Completed a major research project (as co-investigator) with Dr. Arijita Dutta titled 'Evaluation of Access to Medicine and Diagnostics In Government Hospitals in West Bengal', funded by the National Rural Health Mission and Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal, using primary data collected through Field Survey, on 2016.
- Completed a project with Dr. Arijita Dutta and Dr. Arpita Ghose titled 'HOSPITAL EFFICIENCY IN WEST BENGAL' funded by the National Rural Health Mission, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal.
- 'Challenges of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) in West Bengal, India: An Exploratory Study, with Dr. Kasturi Sen: International Journal of Health Planning and Management, DOI: 10.1002/hpm.2453, 2017, Wiley, (ISSN No.1099-1751)
- 'National Rural Health Mission: State wise Performance in India (2005-12)', with Arshiya Halder, Heritage, IV, Bethune College, Kolkata, India, 2017 (ISSN: 2349-9583).
- 'Demand for Health Services' S. Sandhya (ed.): Economics of Health, Indira Gandhi Open University, 2016 (ISBN: 978-93-86100-68-9).
- Hazra, S., and Bandyopadhyay, S. (2016). Economic Reforms and Price Stability: Changing Role of RBI. Heritage. 3, 88-94
- Bandyopadhyay, S., and Dutta, A. (2016). Ensuring Access to Medicines through PPPs. Ideas for India
- Bandyopadhyay, S., and Dutta, A. (2016). Access to Medicine in West Bengal: An Evaluation. Study Report. University of Calcutta and The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal, India.
- 'Access to Medicine in public Hospitals and management issues' , with Dr. Arijita Dutta and Dr. Arpita Ghose : Anjula gurtoo and Collin Williams (ed.): Developing Country perspective of Public Service Delivery : Springer publications, 2015.
- 'Public distribution system and food security in India: A review', with Moutrisha Ganguly: Heritage Vol II, 2015 (ISSN: 2349-9583).
- Measurement and Determinants of Hospital Efficiency in West Bengal, India' with Dr. Arijita Dutta and Dr. Arpita Ghose: Asian Journal of Public Policy (e-journal), ISSN: 1751-6234), 2014.
- 'A Study of Public Private Partnerships in Secondary Hospitals in West Bengal: A Note to Policy' with Dr. Arijita Dutta and Dr. Arpita Ghose: Indian Journal of Social and Natural Sciences, (ISSN No. 2267-6117). 2014.
- 'Allocation of Health Care Resources in Secondary Hospitals and their Technical Efficiency', with Dr. Arijita Dutta and Dr. Arpita Ghose: Artha Vijnana, ISSN: 0971-586X, 2013.
- 'Hospital Efficiency in West Bengal: A Study on Secondary Level Hospitals' with Dr. Arijita Dutta and Dr. Arpita Ghose: Study Report : The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal, India, 2011. The Executive Summary and policy suggestions of this report has been referred as guideline for policy document by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal (Ref. http://www.wbhealth.gov.in/notice/summary.pdf)
- 'Impact of Globalisation on Agriculture: A South Asian Perspective' : Conference Volume: Combating Disaster: Perspective in the New Millennium: Krishnanagar Govt. College, ISBN: 81-87500-29-8). 2004.
Conference / Seminars
- Presented a paper on 'An evaluation of Fair Price Shops of Medicines: A PPP Initiative in West Bengal' on behalf of the Government of West Bengal in the 11th World Congress of International Health Economics Association in Milan, Italy in 2015.
- 'Access to Medicine in Public Hospitals and Management Issues' presented at an International Conference on Public Policy and Government 2012 jointly organized by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Public Affairs Center, Bangalore, India, in 2012.
- Working papers related to the project titled 'Efficiency Analysis of Secondary Level Government Hospitals of West Bengal' presented in a dissemination seminar organised by Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal. The project report has been published in 2011.
- 'Health Reform : The Reality and the Myth' presented at a UGC sponsored national level seminar organised by The Department Of Economics, Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata, India, 2009.
- Member of the International Health Economics Association