Dr. Rita Sengupta (Karmakar)
|Qualification||B.Sc. (Chemistry Hons.) (S. A. Jaipuria
College/Calcutta University, 1982)
B. Tech. (Applied Chemistry/Oil Technology specialization) (University College of Science and Technology, C.U., 1985)
M.Tech. (Oil Technology) (University College of Science and Technology, C.U., 1986)
Ph.D. (Enzymatic extraction and refining of vegetable oils) (Department of Oil Technology, C.U. with NET-CSIR Fellowship, 1997)
I joined W.B.E.S. in August, 1992 as Lecturer in Barasat Govt. College. At present I am engaged as Associate Professor in Chemistry in this college with effect from July, 2006. in Applied Chemistry with specialization in Oil Technology.
I was engaged in teaching Industrial Chemistry for more than fifteen years. Presently I am teaching Physical and Analytical Chemistry in the UG level. My teaching chapters include gas, chemical kinetics, electrochemistry, conductance, etc. in Physical Chemistry and most of the syllabus in Analytical Chemistry of C.U.
Post-doctoral research work for two years on Application of Enzymatically Extracted and Refined oil at Department of Oil Technology, C.U.
- S. Bhattacharyya, D. K. Bhattacharyya and R. Sengupta, "The use of biorefined oil in margarine formulation" - J. Oil Tech. Asso. India, 30 (1), 14 (1998).
- R. Sengupta and D. K. Bhattacharyya, "Enzymatic extraction of mustard seed and rice bran" - J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 73 (6), 687 (1996).
- R. Sengupta and D. K. Bhattacharyya, "Enzymatic deacidification of rice bran oils of varying acidity" - J. Oil Tech. Asso. India, 28 (1), 17 (1996).
- R. Sengupta and D. K. Bhattacharyya, "Effect of monoglyceride on enzymatic deacidification of rice bran oil" - J. Oil Tech. Asso. India, 28 (4), 125 (1996).
- R. Sengupta and D. K. Bhattacharyya, "A comparative Study between biorefining combined with other processes and physical refining of high-acid Mohua oil" - J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 69 (11), 1146 (1992).
- S. Bhattacharyya, D. K. Bhattacharyya, A. R. Chakraborty and R. Sengupta, "Enzymatic deacidification of vegetable oils" - Fat. Sc. Technol., 91 (1), 27 (1989).