Dr. Kamal Kanti Som
|Specialization||Solid State Physics|
- Krishnagar Govt. College - 2nd July 1993 to 5th August 2009
- Hooghly Mohsin College - 6th August 2009 to 9th December 2013
- Bethune College - 10th December 2013 onwards
Research Area : Experimental Solid State Physics.
Conducted doctoral work at Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata for Ph.D. Thesis entitled "Studies of electrical and magnetic properties of some semiconducting oxide glasses and high temperature superconductors". Performed post doctoral work in the area of Photoacoustic Spectroscopy and published 28 papers in different reputed national and international journals
- Concentration and frequency dependence of ac conductivity and dielectric constant of iron-bismuth oxide glasses-II, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 50 (1989) 1149-1155
- Electrical and dielectric properties of Bi4Sr3Ca3Cu4Ox (4:3:3:4) glassy semiconductors. Phys. Rev. B, 41 (1990) 1581-1591
- AC conductivity of amorphous Fe2O3-Bi2O3 oxide glasses, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys, 29 (1990) 120
- Non-linear physical properties of amorphous Bi4Sr3Ca3Cu4Ox semiconducting oxides with y between 0 and 5; Phys. Rev. B, 45 (1992)1655
- v) Nonadiabatic small polaron hopping conduction in Li- doped and undoped Bi4Sr3Ca3CuyLi1-yOx (0<y<5) ; Phys. Rev. B, 46 (1992) 11075
- Heat capacity anomalies in NaKC4H5O6-4H2O studied with a conduction type calorimeter; Phys. Rev. B, 47 (1993) 1835
- Debye type dielectric behaviour of Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O based transition metal oxide glasses-Precursors for oxide superconductors; Phys. Rev. B, 47 (1993) 534
- Photoacoustic spectroscopic study of energy gap, optical absorption and thermal diffusivity of ZnSexTe1-x (0<x<1) : Phys. Rev. B, 51 (1995) 4842
- Study of the ac conductivity of BaTiO3 doped V2O5-Bi2O3 glasses using Long's overlapping large polaron tunneling model, Phil. Mag. B71 (1995) 1125.
- Anomalous thermal expansion, heat capacity, and dielectric constant of BaCl2.2H2O at low temperature, in Advances in Cryogenics, eds. A.Bose and P.K.Sengupta (Macmilan India Limited, New Delhi, 1990) p 491-501.