Dr. Dipayan Chattopadhyay
First class first in M.Sc. in Botany,
Calcutta University (1983)
Ph.D, Calcutta University (1991)
Awarded with National Scholarship, Jubilee Merit
Prize (1980); J
30 years of teaching experience including 12 years of postgraduate teaching.
- Darjeeling Govt. College: 1989-95
- A.B.N. Seal College: 1995-2013
- Bethune College: 2013-till date
- Interested in Plant chromosome studies (Both
mitotic and Meiotic); Estimation of In situ nuclear
DNA and Plant Tissue Culture. Completed a Minor
Research project, UGC funded: 01(2008-2010),
Sanction No.FPSW-047/07-08(ERO) dt 21.2.2008,
amount: 1lakh, Title: Studies of Algal Biodiversity
of the Coochbehar Block, District Cooch Behar, West
Bengal. Supervised PG dissertations at A.B.N. Seal
College and Bethune College.
- PG dissertation area: Cytogenetics and mutagenesis study along with the chromosomal sex determination mechanism of plants.
- Act as Coordinator in The National Seminar on
"Urban Biodiversity: Documentation and Conservation"
in collaboration with West Bengal Biodiversity Board
on 6th & 7th March, 2018, at Department of Botany,
Paper Presentation/Invited lecture
- Presented poster entitled ‘Genetic Diversity as
a tool in Crop Improvement’ in the National Seminar
on "Urban Diversity: Documentation
and Conservation" on 6th & 7th March, 2018 at Bethune College, Kolkata.
- Presented poster entitled 'Antiviral plants: a promising tool to drug development' in the International seminar on "Recent trends in microbiology", 14th January 2017, at Department of Microbiology, Ramkrishna Mission Vidyamandir, Belur.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on "Teaching Botany in 21st century: prospects and challenges", 6th-7th August, 2016 in Bidhannagar College, Kolkata.
- Presented papers at various UGC sponsored State level and National level seminars hosted by A.B.N. Seal College, Coochbehar (2009-2012).
- Organized a National Level Seminar on “Trends in
Microbiology”, 20-21st December 2009, in
Collaboration with the Dept. of plant Pathology,
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya.
Article in journals
- Chromosomal sex determination in dioecious angiosperms – a review, Datta A and Chattopadhyay D. (2018) Heritage, Vol.V 158-182. ISSN 2349-9583.
- Molecular markers in sex determination of dioecious angiosperms, Datta A, Ray S and Chattopadhyay D. (2017) Heritage, Vol.IV 185-193 ISSN 2349-9583.
- Diversity of Angiosperms in new town, Rajarhat, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, S Sanyal, A. K. Das and D. Chattopadhyay. (2017) Heritage, Vol.IV 66-178 ISSN 2349-9583.
- In vivo and in vitro propagation of economically important Cajanus cajan varieties, Das M, Chattopadhyay D and Mukherjee S. (2016) Heritage, Vol.III 144-152 ISSN: 2349-9583.
- Study of Algal Biodiversity of the CoochBehar Block, District Coochbehar, West Bengal, Chattopadhyay D, Mukherjee S. and. Sanyal S. (2015) Heritage: Vol.II.109-118 ISSN: 2349-9583.
- A checklist of medicinal plants available in A.B.N. Seal College Campus (2011), Chattopadhyay D and Adhikari D, A.B.N Seal Journal of Science, Vol. IV,65-71 (ISSN 0975-5624)
- Cytological Investigation and Karyotype study of 8 different strains of Brassica juncea, Chattopadhyay D, (2009) , A.B.N Seal Journal of Science, Vol. II 34-38 (ISSN 0975-5624)
- Chattopadhyay D, Chromosomal Determination of Sex in Dioecious Plants (2008) A.B.N Seal Journal of Science, Vol. I 28-30 (ISSN 0975-5624)
Other academic pursuits
- H.O.D. of Botany, A.B.N. Seal College for 18 years (1995-2013)
- Officer-in-Charge: A.B.N Seal College for 8 months (2010-2011)
- Executive editors of A.B.N. Seal Journal of Science (ISSN-0975-5624) (2008-2012)
- A.N.O.(Associate NCC Officer), 5 Bengal Battalion NCC, Darjeeling Govt. College for 6 years (1990-1995)
- Editor of 'Heritage Journal' Bethune college.
- Resource Person: External examiner of
Calcutta University and Tripura University.