Dr. Debjani Sinha Ray
|Designation||Associate Professor in West Bengal Education Service|
|Qualification||M.Sc. in Botany, Kalyani University
Ph. D., Kalyani University
|Specialization||Plant Physiology and Biochemistry.|
21 years of teaching experience including 12 years of postgraduate teaching.
- Bethune College:1999-2012
- Jhargram Raj College: 2012-2014
- Bethune College : 2014 - till date
- Act as an Advisor in International Webinar on "Human Ailment: Basic Research and Clinical Implications", organized by the PG Department of Botany in collaboration with IQAC, Bethune College on 22nd August, 2020.
- Act as an Advisor in the Webinar on "Coastal areas of West Bengal: Botany and Beyond" organized by the PG Department of Botany in collaboration with IQAC, Bethune College on 18th July 2020.
- Supervised PG dissertations at Bethune College.
- PG dissertation area: Phytoremediation, study of senescence in plants
- Act as an Advisor in the Webinar on "Coastal
areas of West Bengal: Botany and Beyond" organized
by the PG Department of Botany in collaboration with
IQAC, Bethune College on 18th July 2020.
Article in journals
- Somatic Embryogenesis and plant Regeneration from cultured Leaf Explants of Zea mays.D.Sinha Ray and P.D.Ghosh.Annals of Botany,66,497-500 (1990).
- Source- Sink Relationship : Control of
Photosynthesis in the Flag Leaf by the Panicle in
N.Maitra, D.Sinha Ray and S.P.Sen,Plant Cell Physiol.28(5):911-917 (1987)
- Behaviour of α-amylase during morphogenesis in
vitro in maize. D Sinha Ray ,R.Das and P.D.Ghosh.
Cell Chr. Res.10 ,84-87 (1987).
Other academic pursuits
- Member, Undergraduate Expert Committee of Botany,Kalyani University