Dr. Debalina Banerjee
|Designation||Associate Professor in West Bengal Education Service and Convener of P.G. Department of English|
M.A. in English Literature 1980 (J.U.)
Ph D on Changing Concept of Women in Late Victorian Novels, 1994 (J.U)
|Specialization||19th-century English Literature; Middle Class Women in Bengal; Gender Studies and Socio-psychological relationships; Indian English Writing; Creative Writing|
32 years of teaching experience including 9 years of postgraduate teaching.
- Chandannagore Govt. College (1983-1990), Bidhannagar College 1990-98)
- Director, Institute of English, (PG ELT Institute) 1998-2000
- Presidency College and University (2000-2012, Head UG and PG Departments since 2009)
- Bethune College
Presented papers at C.U., J.U., P.U., Calcutta-Leeds Colloquium, Paschimbanga Bangla Akademi.
- Resource Person at Interactive Seminar on Translation at Oxford Book Store on 21.5.2014.
- Presented papers at various National and International Conferences hosted by Department of English, Calcutta University, World Shakespeare Conference (in 2008 and 2010) and National Conference organized by Sahitya Akademi.
- Resource Person at various National and State level Workshops and Refresher Courses.
- Peer reviewer for a noted Journal published by an eminent Kolkata college.
- Supervised PG dissertations, Presidency College and University.
Some Important Publications
- The Woman Question and Victorian Novel, Renaissance, 2002. Reprint 2014.
- Manasij. Radiant Publishers, 2013.
- Deyasini. Radiant Publishers, 2009.
Articles published in Books
- 'Introduction to Soulful Tales', Soulful Tales, (Eds.) Sanghita Sanyal and Kuntala Sengupta, El Alma Publications, 2012.
- 'The Fakeer of Jungheera: Ek Amar Kriti', Bharatiya Navajagaranke Agradut: Derozio, (Ed.) Tanuja Majumdar, Gandhi Centre for North Eastern Languages, Bengali, Santhali and Hindi, 2011.
Articles published in Journals
- 'Beyond the Legacy: English Now,' Bangabasi Academic Journal, Bangabasi College, 2013.
Poems in Journals
- Poems in Swapnakalpak, Ishwarchandra Gupta Volume, Sukumar Ray Volume, and Nineteenth Century Bengal Volume,(Ed.) Satrajit Basu, Sampan, 2013.
- Poem in Ekusher Charja, (Ed.) SandipanMitra, Barnana, 2012.
- Expert, Selection of Faculty, Scottish Church College, 2015
- Expert, Syllabus Designing, J D Birla Institute of Home Sciences, 2015
- Director, Women's Studies Centre, Bethune College, 2014-15.
- Director, Institute of English, (PG ELT Institute) 1998-2000.
- Expert: SLET Commission, NE Region, Rabindra Mukta Vidyalaya, Kalyani University
- Member, PG Board of Studies, St Paul's Cathedral Mission College.