Dr. Ashok Kumar Das
|Designation||Associate Professor, HOD|
M.Sc. in Botany, Calcutta University (1981)
Ph.D, Calcutta University (1990)
|Specialization||Mycology and Plant Pathology|
31 years of teaching experience including 22 years of postgraduate teaching.
- Taki Govt. College: 1987-93
- Darjeeling Govt. College: 1993-98
- Presidency College: 1998-2004
- Barasat Govt. College: 2004-2013
- Bethune College: 2013-2016
- Bethune College: 2018-till date
- Interested in Taxonomy of Leaf Inhabiting Fungi, Biopesticides, Biological Control, Aeromycoflora. Completed two research projects funded by U.G.C. Total number of publications 45, published in several National and International journals. Supervised PG dissertations in Darjeeling Govt. College, Presidency College, Barasat Govt. College and Bethune College.
- PG dissertation area: Aeromycoflora,
Foliicolousmycoflora, biopesticides, biological
Paper Presentation/Invited lecture
- Delivered Invited Lecture on “Recent concept on Mycology and Plant Pathology” at Department of Botany, Rishi Bankim Chandra College, Naihati, 2013
- Presented paper on "Identification and
distribution of Aeromycoflora in the indoor
environment: West Bengal State Science Congress
2013. Organised by Department of West Bengal State
Science and Techology and BESU
Article in journals
- Diversity of Angiosperms in new town, Rajarhat, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, S Sanyal, A. K. Das and D. Chattopadhyay Heritage(ISSN 2349-9583) 2017, Vol.IV 66-178.
- Diversity of Mycoflora in conifer forests of Munsiary and its adjoining areas of Uttarakhand, India, A. K. Das & N. Das; International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Sciences, Oct-Nov 2014, vol. 4, Issue -4.
- Study of Aeromycoflora in Indoor and outdoor Environment off National Library, Kolkata; D. Ghosh, P. Dhar, T. Chakraborty, N. Uddin & A. K. Das; International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Scinces, July-Sept 2014, vol. 4, Issue -3
- “Bacopa monnieri (L.) Penn.- a promising antimycotic agent and study of its effect on acid and alkaline phosphatase activities of Rhizoctonia solani” S. sengupta, A. K. Das , S.B.Ghosh and S.N. Ghosh, Journal of Mycopathological Research, Vol. 52, No. 1, April 2014.
- “Screening of antimicrobial activities of three lichen”, S. Sengupta, A. K. Das, .NaimUddin, P. Chakraborty, G. Biswas and S.Roy, J. Mycopathol Research, 50(1), 112-113, 2012.
- “Identification and Distribution of Aeromycoflora in the indoor environment of Shyambajar Railway Metro Station, Kolkata, India”, D. Ghosh, P.Dhar, A. K, Das and N. Uddin, African Journal Of Microbiology, 5(31), 5569-5574, 2011.
- “Antifungal potentiality of the latex of Plumeria acutifolia Poir”, S. Sengupta, S. N. Ghosh and A. K. Das, Indian Phytopathology, 61(4), 499-503, 2008.
- “Antimycotic potentiality of the plant Extract, Bacopa monnieri (L). Penn.”, S. Sengupta, S. N. Ghosh and A. K. Das, Research Journal of Botany, 3(2), 83-89, 2008.
- "Four foliicolous hyphomycetes from Nagaland”,
T.K. Jana, A. K. Das and S. N. Ghosh, J.
Mycopathol. Research, 46(1), 101-103, 2008.
Other Academic Pursuits
- Chaired a Scientific Session in a UGC sponsored National Seminar conducted by Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College, Rahara, 2013
- Chairman person BOS, PG Department of Botany.
Life member of Indian Mycological Society