Dr. Amrita Bagchi
|Specialization||Social History Of Science and Technology|
- Appointed as Guest Lecturer in the Department of History, Jadavpur University for teaching in PG courses.
- Guest Lecturer in the Department of History, in Jadavpur University since 2011.
- Worked as a Senior Research Fellow (Under State Government Fellowship Scheme) in the Department of History, Jadavpur University from December, 2007 to January, 2009.
- Worked as a Junior Research Fellow (Under State Government Fellowship Scheme) in the Department of History, Jadavpur University from December, 2005 to December, 2007.
- Worked as a lecturer (Faculty Improvement Programme) in Jogomaya Devi College, Kolkata from May, 2004 to December, 25.
- Taki Government College 7.01.2009-29.06.2015
- Presented a paper in the Fourth International Congress of Bengal Studies,Tokyo,Japan on 12-13th,December 2015
Research Publications (forthcoming)
- "Creating Sickness" - The Latest Disease of Health Care: Published in Beyond the Horizon : A Prismatic Collection of Social Sciences (2018) , Vol I , ISBN 978-81-934244-5-2.Anchalik Itihas O Lok Charcha Sanskriti Kendra.
- Paper titled 'Medicalisation of Life' A New Syndrom Of Health Care Sector, has been selected for presentation in the 3rd Annual International Conference of History, organized by Pashchimbanga Anchalik Itihas O Lok Sanskriti Charcha Kendra, to be held on 1st and 2nd July 2017 at Bidhannagar Government College.
- Report titled 'Swasthya Pariseba ? Na Labhsarbashya Byabsha ? , published in Kalantar, 20th March 2017
- Compiled Dictionary of Historical Places: Bengal 1757-1947.Ed Ranjan Chakraborty, Primus Books, Delhi 2013. ISBN 9380607415 , 9789380607412
- "Reforms or Dictates: The Role of the Donor Agencies on Health Care in West Bengal" in Global South -Sephis e-magazine, Volume 7, No. 3, July 2011. ISSN 2347-8594
- 'Metamorphosis of Health Care: The Transformation of "Private to Corporate" Health Care in Post 1947 Kolkata' in the Proceedings of the Indian History Congress, 71st Session held in University of Gaurbanga , Maldah , February 2011. ISSN 2249 -1937.
International Seminar :
Paper titled 'Medicalisation of Life' A New Syndrom Of Health Care Sector, has been selected for presentation in the 3rd Annual International Conference of History, organized by Pashchimbanga Anchalik Itihas O Lok Sanskriti Charcha Kendra, to be held on 1st and 2nd July 2017 at Bidhannagar Government College.
National Seminar :
Presented a paper titled 'Growth of Private Medical Colleges in India' : An Adverse Impact of Globalisation in the Domain of Higher Education' in State Government Sponsored Two Days National Seminar on Education and Culture on 4rth and 5th April 2018 at Vivekananda College for Women , Kolkata
Presented a paper titled 'Public Health in a Newly Independent City: Some Observations' in the 78th Session of the Indian History Congress, held in Jadavpur University , Kolkata , from 28th -30th December 2017.
Presented a paper titled 'Respectful Friendliness and
Deep Malice' Contradiction Between Tagore and Nibedita,
in a Two Days National Seminar , organized by Institute
of Historical Studies , sponsored by Department Of
Higher Education, Government of West Bengal, on 8th and
9th September 2017 at the Institute of Historical
State Level Seminar :
Presented a paper titled ''Bharatbarsher ' Swasthya' Sankat -ekti Artha Samajik Parjalochana'' in the State Government Sponsored State Level Seminar in Collaboration with Vidyasagar Evening College and Bangiya Itihas Samity, Kolkata Vidyasagar Evening College , Kolkata , on 4th November 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled "Growth of Private Medical Colleges in India: An Adverse Impact of Globalisation in the Domain of Higher Education" at the State Govt. Sponsored National Seminar on Education and Culture at Vivekananda College For Women on 4th - 5th April 2018
- "Nineteenth Century Calcutta and its public health: Reflections in the Contemporary Bengali Journals and Newspapers" in a National level Seminar on "Nineteenth Century Bengal: A Capsule Survey" on 19th - 20th September 2016, organized by Centre for Bangladesh Studies, Assam University, Silchar.
- Paper titled 'Changing Health Care Culture : Expansion of Private and Corporate Hospitals under Global Compulsion' has been selected for presentation in Fourth International Congress of Bengal Studies in Japan December 2015 at the Tokyo University of Foreign Study.
- Presented a paper on Diseases, Deaths and Sufferings: An Account of the Public Health Conditions of the Great War, in the International Conference on War, Words and the World: Re-Presenting the Great War, organized by the Centre of Advanced Study in English, Jadavpur University , 25-27 February 2014.
- Presented a paper on "Corruption and Malpractice: Bane in Private Health Care" in a seminar organized by Indian Medical Association (I.M.A.) on July, 2011.
- Presented a Paper on Metamorphosis of Health Care: The Transformation of 'PRIVATE' TO 'CORPORATE' Health Care In Post 1947 Kolkata. In 71st Indian History Congress held in University of GaurBanga, 11-13 February 2011.
- Presented a paper titled Myth or Reality: The Experiences in a Public Hospital in Kolkata in the UGC sponsored seminar on the Science Technology and Society on 5th March 2010 in Jadavpur University.
A newspaper report titled 'Swasthya Pariseba? na Labhsarbashya Byabsha? , published in Kalantar, 20th March 2017.
Appointed as Guest Lecturer in the Department of History, Jadavpur University for teaching in PG courses.
Participation in Workshops/Seminars/Courses
Participated in the UGC -CPE sponsored National Workshop on Soft Skill Development and Innovative Teaching Methods organized by the Internal Quality Assessment Cell , Scottish Church College , Kolkata on 23rd and 24rth March 2018.
Participated in the UGC sponsored Special Winter
School titled 'Nation and Higher Education' organised by
the Department of History, at Jadavpur University from
10th March -31st March 2017.
- Life Member Of Pashimbanga Itihash Samsad
- Life Member Of Indian History Congress
- Life Member Of Institute Of Historical Studies