Dr. Amita Kar
|Qualification||B.Sc. (Chemistry Hons.) (Presidency
College/Calcutta University, 1978)
M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry Specialisation) (University College of Science and Technology, C.U., 1980)
Ph.D. (Natural Products, C.U. 1992)
- Krishnagar Govt. College, Krishnagar: 1st April,1999 to 1st June, 2006
- Presidency College,Kolkata - 2nd June 2006 to 5th July, 2013
- Durgapur Govt. college -6th July 2013 to 14th December,2015
- Bethune College, Kolkata- 15th December,2015 till date
- Research work was on Natural Products isolated from Indian Orchids at the Dept. of Chemistry, C.U., under the supervision of Prof. P.L. Majumder.
- Supervised M.Sc. project work of 17 students till date.
- Completed a UGC sponsored MRP entitled "Chemical Investigation of some indigenous plants and oxidative transformation of some suitable organic substrates" during the period 29.03.05-28.03.07
|Title||PI||Funding agency||Period||Total grant||Status|
|Chemical Investigation of some
and oxidative transformation of some suitable organic
|Dr. Amita Kar||UGC MRP No. PSW 064 / 04-05 (ERO) Dt. March '05||29-03-05 to 28-03-07||Rs. 65,000/-||Completed|
- In September,1988 joined Patha Bhavan, Kolkata and served there as Assistant Teacher in Chemistry till March,1999.
- Worked as lecturer in Chemistry at Hari Mohan Ghosh College, Kolkata from August, 1987 to August, 1988.
- Majumdar, P.L., Kar, A, Banerjee, S, Pal, A, Joarder, M, (1997), Application of 2D NMR spectroscopy in structural elucidation of some Phenanthrene Derivatives from Indian Orchidaceae Plants, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 74, 908-916.
- Majumdar, P.L., Kar, A, (1989), Erianol, A 4α-Methylsterol from the orchid Eria Convallaroides, Phytochemistry, 28: 1487-1490.
- Majumdar, P.L., Kar, A, (1987), Confusarin and Confusaridin, two phenanthrene derivatives of the Orchid Eria Confusa, Phytochemistry, 26: 1127-1129.
- Majumdar, P.L., Kar, A, Shoolery, J.N., (1985), Bulbophyllanthrin, A Phenanthrene of the Orchid Bulbophyllum Leopardium, Phytochemistry, 24: 2083-2087.
- Majumdar, P.L., Kar, A, (1987), CP-8 "Structures of some Polyoxygenated Phenanthrene derivatives of Indian Orchids : Application of 13C-NMR and 2D NMR in structure elucidation" in Eleventh National Symposium on Organic Chemistry.