Dr. Abhijit Bhattacharyya
Ph.D. (Hindi, C.U), Dip. (Trilngual Translation)
M.S. (Psychotherapy and Counselling)
M.A (Hindi), M.A. (Sociology), M.A (History)
M.A. (Philosophy), M.A. (Education)
M.A. (Political Science) M.A.
B.A. (Bengali Lit.)
Knowledge of International Dialectic Lexcription (IDL)
|Specialization||Literary Philosophy of Ancient and Medieval Period emphasizing on Jainology and Vaishnavism.|
8 years (Undergraduate and Post Graduate)
- Presidency College : From 24.09.2005 to 05.06.2014
- Bethune College : From 06.06.2014 onwards.
Research (Research Guidance)
|Malavika Dey||M.Phil.||Madurai Kamaraj University||Nayi Kavita Ka Samrachanatmak Swarup Aur Muktibodh Ka Kabya|
|Ghanshyam Das Thakur||M.Phil.||Madurai Kamaraj University||Rahul Sankrityayan Ka Pragatisheel Sahitya Aur Baisvin Sadi.|
|Ashish Kukreti||M.Phil.||Madurai Kamaraj University||Rahul Ki Kahaniyon Mein Pragatisheel Yatharthvaad.|
Individual Research carried out extensively regarding different fields of Indology and Jainology.
Awards and Achievements
- Best Student Award in obtaining record marks in History (95%) in Higher Secondary Exams, 1994.
- Best Student Cash Prize award in Graduation, Presidency College, 1997.
- 'Sahitya Samman' Certificate - felicitated by Bharatiya Vangmay Peeth.
- Felicitated with Shawl and Certificate by Vishwa Jyotish Vidyapeeth, Kolkata, 2006 for contributions in Indology.
- Life Membership Certificate awarded by Assam Sahitya Sabha regarding Contributions in the field of Assamese Literature.
- Felicitated as a patron with shawl and certificate by Kaviteerth Sahitya Academy.
- Awarded the title of 'Vidyavachaspati' for his research dissertation in 2015.
Bengali: Books : Original Research Works (Jainology and Indology)
- Sallekhana : Mrityunjayi Sadhana (A field work based philosophical treatise on the act and philosophy of self attained death of Jaina Monks through the ages).Published by Aseema Prakashani, Kolkata, 2006.
- Jaina Aagamer Aaloke Atmavaadi Chintadhara (A compilation of selective scholastic essays on the philosophical facades of Jainism. Published by Aseema Prakashani, Kolkata, 2006.
- Jaina Samajchetanay Naari, Published by Aseema Prakashani, Kolkata - 2006.
- Jaina Aagam Sahitya, Published by Aseema Prakashani, 2007
- Jaina Tatvalochonar Aaloke Darshanik Chetanar Swarup (compilation of Essays on Jainism).Published by Mitram, Kolkata, 2014.
Hindi : Books
- Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan Ke Vyaktitvantaran Ki Prakriya, Published by Anand Prakashan , Kolkata - 2005.
- Sanskrit Jain Sahitya Mein Sri Krishna Prasanga (Ek Shodh - Drishti). Published by Bharatiya Vangmaya Peeth, Kolkata - 2014.
Translations : Books
- Devasiya Raiya Pratikramana Sutra (Prakrit to Bengali), Published by Akhil Bharatiya Sarak Jain Sangathan, Giridih, Bihar, 2004.
- Democratisation Globalisation and Vardhamana Mahavira (Hindi to English), Published by Jai, Bhawan, Kolkata, 2004.
- From Vardhamana to Mahavira : A Self-Emancipating Reality (Hindi to English), published by Jain Bhawan, Kolkata, 2004.
- Prekshadhyan : Applied Methodology (Hindi to English and Bengali). Published by Jain Visva Bharati, Ladnun, Rajastha, 2004.
- Mahamanav Buddha (Hindi to Bengali) : Translation of Rahul Sankrityayana's famous book of the same title, published by Chirayata Prakashan, Kolkata 2004.
- Nilim Kumar Ki Shreshtha Kavitayen (from Assamese to Hindi) : Translation of One Hundred Poems of Nilim Kumar, the modern, Assamese poet. Published by Gandhi Center for North Eastern Languages, Presidency University, Kolkata, 2011.
- Chandrakant Mura Singh Ki Shreshtha Kavitayen (From Kokborok to Hindi). Translation of one hundred poems of Chandrakant Mura Singh, the celebrated Kokborok poet of Tripura. Published by Gandhi Center for North Eastern Languages. Presidency University, Kolkata, 2012.
- Atmajayi : A translated Bengali Version on the life and times of the Jain nun Vichakshanshriji Maharaj , published by Jain Bhawan, Kolkata.
Editorships in Journals
- Subject expert editor in the editorial board of Titthayar (Hindi) and Shraman (Bengali) Research Journals published from Jain Bhawan, Kolkata